ChrisG's Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: [MAPPING] cg_takeshis_castle  (Read 19618 times)

ChrisG

• Map-Maker / Model-Maker
  • Administrator
  • Me so horny!
    • View Profile
[MAPPING] cg_takeshis_castle
« on: June 16, 2012, 01:46:48 pm »

If you know Takeshis Castle you know whats the point of this map. It is almost like a deathrun but there is noone behind the scenes. You have only 1 try, if you fail you can watch the rest of the game in spec or from a stand. If all fail the map is over and you can try it again if you want.
/>
/>Every Level is time based so you cant camp all the time. Every level has original background music from the TV show.
/>
/>8 - 9 stages planned.
/>Knock Knock
/>Honeycomb Maze
/>Skipping Stones
/>Wipeout
/>High Rollers
/>Bridgeball
/>Avalanche
/>Pre Final
/>Final Showdown
/>
/>3 stages done.
/>Knock Knock (10 Walls à 7 doors with different solutions... even me never know the way)
/>Honeycomb Maze (a Maze which looks like a Honeycomb, choose the wrong door and you will fall into water, also with different solutions)
/>Skipping Stones (Not all stones are save, also custom ways)
/>
/>First Pics:
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Thx to Blutrausch to make new stones which looks more like the original.
/>
/>
/>
/>Just a first test of stage 4. As you can see it is really too fast. XD wooooschhhh.
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Imagine the music while you play this stage. Its so much fun. xD
/>Takeshi's Castle BGM - Wipeout
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Stage 5: High Rollers
/>The rotating depends on which side you are standing. Starts slow but its getting faster. So be fast but careful.
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Stage 6: Bridge Ball (First Test)
/>Yes, a map has outtakes too...
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Stage 6 bridge works now, next will be the cannons which shoot balls at you, stage 7 will be "avalanche", then pre-final and final. So the end is near.
/>
/>
/>
/>Stage 6: Bridge Ball
/>First cannon works, do not touch that ball!!! :S
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Pretest Stage 7: Avalanche (just to check the correct height)
/>BTW: Thanks Blutrausch for the stones in "Skipping Stones", the cannon balls in "Bridge Balls" and the rocks in "Avalanche"
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Decorated Lobby
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Stage 7: Avalanche
/>
/>Maybe a bit too hard, but possible.
/>
/>
/>And view from top
/>
/>
/>
/>First Skybox Tests: Needs some fixes but still nice i guess. + Moving clouds.
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>This is in the skybox.
/>Why i made the whole map in miniature?
/>Well, it isnt really, its only textures and the reason why i made this is cause of the avalanche stage, this stage has an overview of the whole map
/>and this would laag badly or if i would make areaportal you wouldnt see the last stages, but i need areaportals for every stage for best performance
/>so i made textures of all stages and if youre on the top of avalanche it seems you can see the whole map.
/>Same if you are on the stages before avalanche, you will just look at a avalanche texture. Illusion is perfect Nice trick huu? XD
/>
/>
/>
/>And this is something new in the lobby. What? You cant see it? ; D
/>
/>
/>
/>Ok, i make it big! YES! Its a dragon-fly (Libelle), A few fly in the lobby with vibrating swings.
/>Had an Console Error Spam first but fixed it, good side effect of my fix is you can better see her body cause before that the body was vibrating too and almost invisible.
/>
/>
/>
/>Pre-Final: Choose the right holes, 2 of them are bad. And its not always the same.
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>Since Valve thinks HL2DM is only for DM or since they try to burry it to get new players at games which you have to pay for i decided to not even try the Final-Level with Airboats which have laserguns. (would be possible normally)
/>
/>I think i should use my second option, some moving (cars) where players can stand on it and shoot some moving targets at the castle. Its not like original but also ok i guess.
/>Maybe i can also let shoot some weapons from the castle at the players so winning and loosing would be possible.
/>
/>
/>Finished the Castle, now some smaragd guards which shoot at you and then its almost done.
/>I only had this picture and some Youtube Videos. My castle is a bit more stretched but it looks almost like the original.
/>
/>
/>
/>
/>A _beta is running on Puzzle/Coop. Not in mapcycle, if you maybe want to test it ask an admin. cg_takeshis_castle_beta23
/>
/>There are still some little bugs and without a good noblock plugin its very hard, but possible. Tell me your opinion or show me bugs.
/>
/>Known:
/>- A purple box under antlion-guard. Already know how to fix.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:06:16 pm by Chris@GPOINT™ »

/>

Zlodey_inc

• View Profile
Re: [MAPPING] cg_takeshis_castle
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 11:54:20 pm »

Need fixed level with headcrabs.
/>They jump out for players out of limits of level and kill. )))

ChrisG

• Map-Maker / Model-Maker
  • Administrator
  • Me so horny!
    • View Profile
Re: [MAPPING] cg_takeshis_castle
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:37:45 pm »

Need fixed level with headcrabs.
/>They jump out for players out of limits of level and kill. )))
/>

/>I thought about replacing the headcrabs with vortigaunts.
/>
/>But biggest bug is still the blocking players.  /bump  The server where this map runs needs a 100% NoBlock plugin. The NoBlock Plugin where you slide trough players is not good if too much players are online.

/>